Skip to main content

How to Fight Depression (Feeling Depressed for No Reason)


Depression is something that all adults experience sometime in their lives. Though I am not an expert, I am someone who has experienced it. Therefore, I want to share a few tips with you people.

Here are my 5 Tips with different stages to fight Depression.

Stage one- Trigger: -

Always remember your triggers. You must be wondering what a trigger is. A trigger is an event upon which you get your depression. Everyone has different triggers. Some people get depressed when an incident happens in their lives. I am a spiritual person and I try to explore religion.

Whenever I turn my interest toward worldly desires, and I keep this going for a day or so this turns out to be a trigger for me most of the time.  

Listening to or watching useless or unnecessary things. If I say something bad about someone even though it's true etc.
(We are all humans, and it can happen with us sometimes that we indulge ourselves in something wrong) and keep doing it intentionally or unintentionally for a few hours then it happens to be my trigger. In stage one, I get this bad feeling in my heart. If I stop here, Things slowly start becoming ok. But If I continue doing all things that I mentioned earlier then things go to stage two.

Feelings in Stage One: -

We get a bad feeling in our hearts. It’s like a feeling of regret, burdened. It's frustrating and makes us hastier.

 Solution: - Be patient. Stop whatever is making this feeling and consult God and ask for his forgiveness.  Get in touch with your soul and don’t think negatively about anyone and connect with spiritualism.

 Stage two- Post-Trigger with Small Headache: -

Stage one worsens Unless I don’t reconcile my deeds and don’t reach God and don’t get in touch with my soul. Since I bad-mouthed someone so Unless I try and share my feelings and ask God to forgive me this feeling does not go away easily. I do things that I just mentioned like crying, and soul searching like what did I do wrong. In contact with my soul, I cry a lot.

Feelings in Stage Two: -

Little headache on one side of my head. I do get headaches sometimes when I do not sleep well or have been dehydrated or I got heat stroke, but this headache is different It does not go away no matter what I do. As it is due to depression.

Solution: - I stop things that are worsening. I don’t use social media which is constantly feeding us with trash. I go for a walk with my family. Look at nature and try to lift that burden on my soul.

Deep down You know that it’s a way your soul is telling you that you did something or have been doing something wrong.

You know “soul” does not belong here. It belongs to heaven and when we try to find peace in worldly desires which is not possible then it cries as its longing for its homeland where it came from. How do I know that my soul is longing? When I cry and cry, I start feeling better!

There is a famous Poem by Rumi which explains this situation:

Listen to the story told by the reed,
of being separated.

“Since I was cut from the reedbed,
I have made this crying sound.

Anyone apart from someone he loves
understands what I say.

Anyone pulled from a source
longs to go back.

Here is the link to the full poem by Rumi:  

https://onbeing.org/poetry/song-of-the-reed/

Stage three- Severe Headache: -

If I take longer and don’t try to fix stage two, then comes stage three where I have lost It. It has come to the point where it has affected my life and Either I am laying in my bed trying to get better or holding my head down and wondering when I will start feeling better. I don’t like anything no matter how beautiful the weather is as I am in constant pain at this stage.

Feeling in Stage Three: -

My body gets cold sweats on and off. I get this pain on one side of my head. Which gets worse on a few things I do that are associated with my triggers.

Solution: - We know that this world is a temporary place. We all must leave it one day. That’s why I try to distance myself in this situation from materialism as much as possible. Remember “God” is here who is the supreme creator and even Science admits that this world has one creator.

So, I offer prayers. I love listening to zikrs and I listen to Nasheed’s/Naats.

 Below are my five top favorite lists:

1.      Turkish Zikr AllahAllah

Here is a YouTube link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBR-Db0-afk

1.      Dunya Yalan Dir

Here is the YouTube Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRVG9ZpmUEE

2.      Aukhay Painday Lambian Rawan Ishq Dian (Long roads of love are difficult to bear

Here is the YouTube Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0KC3fyFC7E

3.      Alif Allah chambray Di Booti (My Master Has Planted in My Heart the Jasmine of Allah’s Name)

Here is the YouTube Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVmpG-oHOpo

4.      Sami Yusuf Madad (God Help)

Here is the YouTube Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuN0bf4rhT0

5.      Tere Hotey Janam Lya Hota (If I was born in your Era/Time)

Here is the YouTube Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOjtScrhrKs

Stage 4: Back to Sanity

I don’t do much work when I am going back to sanity after experiencing stage three. I try to go for a walk. I try to get outside my house with my family. In this Hard Time, your family can help you. Also, Cry and share your feeling and thoughts with God as he likes his Creatures to be Humble.

Stage5: Stay Away from all Negative Thoughts

Look at the clear sky, flowers, children playing, etc., and start bringing things back to normal. Start a few chores. Fix your bed. Clear your room to get things back to normal.

Above all talk to a friend

My mother is my friend also. She strengthens me in these hard times. She tells me things that an experienced person can tell, and I try to follow those things. She listens to me and helps me. We all have that one friend either sibling, aunt or cousin, or even your children. Talk to that one person. Share and don’t keep everything inside. Let it all out & lighten this burden.

Final Notes: -

·         Try to keep yourself busy with useful things like don’t keep yourself busy on social media. And do something useful. For example, water your plants.

·    When going through Depression keep yourself clean. Don’t stop your basic hygiene. As it will worsen the situation.

·    Don’t be Selfish toward those who are trying to help you and get you out of this hard time. Be grateful to everyone who is supporting you.

·    Don’t cut yourself from the world. If you isolate yourself this condition will worsen. Keep yourself around people.

·     Stay connected with God. You don’t always have to go to the mosque or church as God is omnipresent. Pray wherever you are he will comfort your heart. Trust him.

·     I listen to My favorite Nasheed/ Naat/ Zikrs. You can listen to your favorite spiritual songs to strengthen you and connect with your soul.

Whoever is experiencing this terrible Event, May God help you go through this hard time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pakistan's Northern Areas

   Introduction to Pakistan's Northern Areas T he northern areas of Pakistan are a beautiful and diverse region. The landscape varies from snow-capped mountain peaks to lush valleys and exotic animals like the markhor, ibex and urial. There are also many historical sites including Buddhist monasteries, Hindu temples and forts dating back thousands of years. History and Culture The history of the Northern Areas begins with the Indus Valley Civilization, which was one of the world's first civilizations. It existed from 2600 BC to 1900 BC and covered an area that included parts of modern-day Pakistan, India and Afghanistan. The people who lived there were called Harappans because they built their cities at sites with springs or wells (Hara). The first known invaders were Alexander's troops in 327 BC; they conquered parts of Punjab but couldn't conquer these mountains because they were too difficult to pass through. Next came Mahmud Ghaznavi who invaded Punjab in 1001 AD an

Imran Khan's Ehsas Program

 Imran Khan's Ehsas Program I mran Khan, the Prime Minister of Pakistan, launched the Ehsaas Program in March 2019 to address the issues of poverty, hunger, and inequality in the country. The program has been hailed as a significant step towards improving the lives of the most vulnerable people in Pakistan. The Ehsaas Program is a comprehensive social protection initiative that aims to provide a safety net for the poor and marginalized sections of society. The program includes multiple initiatives that target different areas of need. Some of the key initiatives of the Ehsaas Program are: Cash Transfer Program: One of the primary components of the Ehsaas Program is the cash transfer program, which provides financial assistance to poor families. The program aims to provide support to around 7 million households across the country. The cash transfer program provides a monthly stipend to eligible families to help them meet their basic needs. 2.   Kifalat Program:   The Kifalat Program

Lahore Street Food

  Lahore , the cultural capital of Pakistan, is famous for its delectable street food. It is a foodie's paradise with something to offer for everyone. The city's rich culinary heritage can be seen in the variety of dishes, spices, and flavors used in its street food. From savory snacks to sweet desserts, Lahore street food is sure to tantalize your taste buds and leave you craving for more. One of the most popular street foods in Lahore is the spicy and tangy chaat. Chaat is a savory snack made with a variety of ingredients, such as boiled chickpeas, potatoes, lentil dumplings, and samosas. The mixture is then topped with yogurt, tamarind chutney, and a variety of spices, including cumin, coriander, and chili powder. The dish is garnished with crispy fried noodles, chopped onions, and coriander leaves, which add a refreshing taste to the chaat.   Another popular street food in Lahore is the Lahori fish fry. This mouth-watering dish features crispy fried fish, marinated in a ble